General Finishes has been perfecting wood finishing since 1928. Recognized by the industry for their firm commitment to the efficacy of water-based formulas, General Finishes has designed a diverse product line to suit wooden furniture, cabinets, siding, and floors.
Today, General Finishes produces the deepest and broadest line of professional water-based products in the country including pigmented stains, dye stains, colored acrylics, glazes, exterior stains, pre-catalyzed urethanes, and sanding sealers.
In addition, they have also created excellent online resources for homeowners. Check out their how-to videos and design center for coating ideas.
General Finishes produces award-winning water-based and oil based finishes.
Enduro Professional Water Based Wood Finishing Products
- Apply to cabinets, table tops, dressers, and wainscoting by spraying on and wiping back.
- Intermix their 10 standard stain bases to make an endless amount of rich, deep colors.
- Available in either gallons or quarts.
Water Based Wood Stains and Dyes
- Formulated with a proprietary blend of pigments and dyes to provide rich colors.
- 2 to 4 hour dry time meaning you can re-coat and top coat in one day.
- Provides oil like depth & clarity without the oil-based cleanup hassle.
Water Based Top Coats
- Awarded "best overall" and "best brush-on" awards from Fine Woodworking.
- Most versatile and top selling product from General Finishings.
- Ideal for furniture, cabinets, chair rails, or any high traffic areas in the house.
- Available in flat, satin, semi-gloss and gloss. Can be applied by brush or spray.
- A better alternative to chalk paint.
- Perfect for the DIYer wanting to create an antiqued, shabby chic, distressed or modern look.
- 100% acrylic formulation means that it's very durable and can be used both inside and out.
To try General Finishes, visit us at either Waters & Brown store locations and we'll help you select the perfect product.